Friday, October 25, 2013

Halloween finish

Just in time for Halloween the little pumpkin door hanger is quilted up.  I tried free motion writing for the first time in the borders.  DH asked if that was just in case someone mistook this for a Christmas quilt.  Very funny dear!  

I really enjoy Halloween. The smiling pumpkin faces, adorable and creative costumes on excited children as they bustle through the neighborhood after dark ringing door bells seeking treats. It's fun to count how many witches, princesses and hobos that arrive at the door. Not to mention all the sweets I 'sample' before the children arrive.

But no tricks for me. I'm definitely NOT a Haunted Graveyard type Halloween  person. The frightening, evil and violent aspects that some people attach to the holiday - I can do without.

Linking up just for fun:
  confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com
crazymomquilts.blogspot.com


2 comments:

  1. Love your quilt... and I'm with you on the favorite holiday. Of course you have to test the candy! Gotta make sure its yummy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete