Thursday, July 28, 2016

Stitching along...

painting aprons
This week the sewing room was busy - a retreat from dealing with the impending sale of our childhood home.  I've machine embroidered 8 aprons for a family Women's Retreat day this Saturday.  The pattern was free from Urban Threads a few months ago.  The "sisters"and their "daughters" (by birth or marriage) are going to get together for some family time, games, a painting lesson and lunch.  Should be fun!

The other thing I've been up to is playing  with log cabin blocks for my Basket Medallion quilt.

The first round in this sew-along was "a basket", and I used an orphan block.  Second round was "childhood" and I made Sister's Choice blocks because my childhood memories always include my sister. Third round is "log cabins", and my Circa 2016 got me started on these tiny ones using 1-inch strips.  I had to press and re-square each round, but they turned out pretty well.  Here's an update on how it looks so far....

Basket Medallion rows 1, 2 and 3
The next round will need to have a dark background, don't you think?  We'll see what happens when the next theme is revealed in August.  This has been such fun, because the parameters are so open that every sew-along quilt will be totally different, yet we're all working together.  

On another note, it's been odd to see my page view statistics lately.  Over 200 views from Russia in the last week. What's that all about????

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! The log cabin blocks make a perfect frame for the center of the quilt!
    As far as the views from Russia - check your spam folder at Blogger. That happened to me a couple of years ago, and I had hundreds of spam comments that had been filtered out and set aside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely log cabins and it will be so interesting to see what follows with your next round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The log cabin blocks frame the medallion center very well. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect border and lovely log cabins !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt - it's one of my favorites out of all from the sew along I've seen so far. Interesting about your comment about Russia - I have had thousands of hits from there in the last couple of weeks. Weird?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your quilt. I cant wait to see what you do with the star theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it so much! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I missed your quilt in previous rounds. I love those sister's choice blocks and I think your cabins work really well for the next round.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful!! Love all your teeny little cabin logs!!
    BTW, I've had unusually high numbers from Russia and China also. Weird for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful. I know you'll come up with something just right to add to it with a dark background. Could be robots mining or could be genuine views there - there are a lot of people in those two countries.

    ReplyDelete