Saturday, July 22, 2017

Spirit of America finish

Over the past few weekends I've had time at the Cabin and put the bindings on these two little projects. The Spirit of America was a free on line pattern from Buttermilk Basin and Henry Glass Fabrics.  At the time I'm writing this, it can be found at THIS LINK.

It's my first ever wool applique piece.  All the applique was done on my machine with the applique stitch, and looks great!  Still, I'm not sure that wool applique is my true calling.

My sweet daughter-in-law loved it, and so, it's now hanging up on her kitchen wall.  She says she's interested in learning how to quilt.  Sew excited!!!  First up is a Birthday wall hanging, and then a Valentine one.  I'm on the hunt for patterns already.

I have a few piecing projects underway, but it's so hard to get any sewing done in the summertime.  Hope you are having a delightful and relaxing summer.

1 comment:

  1. These are both gorgeous little quilts. It's wonderful that your daughter in law is getting the quilting itch.

    ReplyDelete