Friday, November 24, 2017

Countryside Wreath

The holidays are coming up in a hurry, and there are gifts to sew! 

As I was pulling out the perfect pattern for a wall hanging, (which I can't show you until it's gifted at Christmas) I noticed this Thimbleberries wreath pattern in the pile.  It just jumped out and offered to help me use up some 3-inch scraps from my scrap bag. Well, that's my story anyway. (wink)

Why not?

So, amid my other projects, this squeezed it's way into my sewing time, and it turned out great!  I decided to go with the single block version and it's plenty big.  It's 38 inches square with borders, 25.5 inches square without.  It was perfect to use up a bunch of those scraps, but I probably have enough for a couple more!  It's so tempting.  It went together in such a short time!

Don't you think that those spur-of-the-moment projects are so much fun to do?  No planning, no deadline, no fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment