Saturday, December 2, 2017

On the design wall: Lighthouses

Our Dear Daughter was home for Thanksgiving and she brought me a great panel from the local quilt shop in Ashland, WI.  What a wonderful surprise!

The panel has a half-dozen 6-inch sketches of the Lighthouses of the Apostle Islands.  In recent years her hubby worked with the National Park Service as the Lighthouses were repaired, and he spent many summer days out on Lake Superior with that project.  So it has special meaning.

Lady of the Lake blocks seemed the appropriate setting, so I've pulled the blue, purple and green 3-inch blocks out of my scrap bag.  Matching a light and a dark, I'm making 2.5-inch cut HST's to go around each 6.5-inch cut lighthouse piece.

Here's where I started...
and here's what I have now...

No comments:

Post a Comment