Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Calendar Girl

Another finish from the UFO pile!

Calendar Girl 83 x 93 inches
'Calendar Girl' is a queen size Row-by-Row quilt of the months of the year.  It started in 2011 when Lyn Brown posted free patterns on her web site for a monochromatic row-by-row quilt.  Quite a challenge for her students!  But, I saved the patterns and made a number of them in full color rather than monochromatic.

The blocks I used for January, March, May, July, August, and September are all from her patterns.  Then I branched out a bit.  I used her baskets for April, but added Easter eggs from a great pastel striped fabric instead of her rabbits. The rest are other row-by-row patterns I found or blocks that I made up into a row, and are totally different from Lyn's quilt. 

The song 'Calendar Girl' kept running through my head as I quilted, and so that's what I named her in the end.  Why not?

"I love, I love, I love my little Calendar girl.  Every day, every day, of the year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment