Friday, October 26, 2018

Remember Cheri blocks 3-6

With the usual disclaimer that applique' is not my preferred quilting method, I finally got caught up on the Remembering Cheri sew-along blocks this past weekend.  Can I ever procrastinate!

Once I got going, they didn't take all that long.  There are a few tweaks, as Cheri Payne always encouraged us to do, to make a quilt uniquely our own.

The easy October block was the first one I finished.  No hat on my crow, and I went with a smiling pumpkin.  Pumpkins should always smile, shouldn't they?


Next I tackled the schoolhouse for September.  My sticking point on this one is I don't particularly like cats (gasp!)  Finally, I decided to make the cat small and add flowers and a bit of text (though the 'd' looks a little wonky.)

I puzzled over Uncle Sam in the July block for a long time.  The decision was to take out the pie and eliminate the facial features just like the mother and daughter in the May block.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. 

The flower in the August block was given a bit of adjustment too.  It was so tempting to put in a nice walleye, but I finally decided to stick with the whale - though it's the only one you may ever see in Minnesota!

Since this is a 'Remembering' quilt, I'm using as much fabric as I can from my father's shirts and cotton pajamas.  Looks good so far!


first section all together

1 comment:

  1. I've been following the sew along on FB and it's been so fun to see everyone's interpretations of the blocks. Yours are very cute and I love that you've personalized your quilt even more by using your Dad's shirts.

    ReplyDelete