Friday, November 30, 2018

Rose in Winter

A rose colored wall hanging/table topper is on my dear DIL's list for Christmas this year.  An antique ninepatch doll quilt featured in "Celebrate with Little Quilts" from That Patchwork Place was my inspiration.
Rose in Winter  21-1/2 inches square

I used up a lot of little pink and rose scraps from my 1-1/2 inch scrap bag, and used up the entire piece of white/rose for the setting blocks.  Don't you think the vintage/antique look came through pretty well?  Hand sewing down the binding was the perfect handwork project while I did my volunteer time at our Church welcome desk yesterday.

Naturally, when this quilt was well underway, what should appear but another small rose-colored quilt that I had already made- and had completely forgotten about.  Now she can choose which she would like!

Windowpane  16 inches square
This afternoon's project is putting away the autumn quilts and pulling out the Christmas ones!  Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment