Sunday, January 19, 2020

Winter Storm Frolic

Is there a better time to play in the sewing room than during a Winter Storm?  We only received about 5 inches of light, fluffy snow - but that wind!!  Snow was blowing around like a snow-globe.

Bonnie Hunter's final reveal for "Frolic!" came out the very same day.  What perfect timing!  I was able to complete my first block - and I love it!  (Yes, I know... too many exclamation points.)  My Frolic quilt will not be as scrappy as Bonnie's, but I wanted to use up some yardage in my stash that has been there a good long while.  My white/neutrals are four different fabrics, and my border HST's will be scrappy blues - but all the blocks will be the same as this one.

I'm especially glad to find the perfect project for this turquoise floral print that I inherited from my dear High School friend.  She moved, and passed along some cotton prints from her garment sewing days.  The red in this photo - taken indoors at night - is more rose than it appears here and matches the roses in the navy print.  Speaking of which, that navy is a Cranston VIP print - you know - the kind with the really narrow white selvage strip.  Ha ha, how old is that???  '80's maybe?

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors you chose for your Frolic quilt--hope you can get all your blocks together soon to show how it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete