Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A Little Unity

 Last July, with the COVID-19 pandemic in full swing, Bonnie Hunter graciously shared a mystery sew-along "Unity" on her Quiltville blog.  So many quilters, sewing as one.  Joined together in a sisterhood of creativity, even as we spent much of the year as isolated as possible to reduce risk of illness.

The first few rounds were enjoyable, and I was able to keep up.  But my attention was pulled away by other priorities.  By the time round 4 came my piecing was falling behind.  I wasn't sure I liked that particular star in the color values I had going.  I also realized that I didn't need another large quilt in those colors.  I love a pop of turquoise, but this was really too much for me.  It needed to be tamed down, and sized down too.  

So, I chose a different star block for round 4 and then added a dark blue border.   As it was being completed, the January 6th assault on the Capitol building was in the news.  Such an awful and divided time in our nation.  It's been named "A Little Unity" as a reminder of these stressful times and its smaller size.  The backing is 59-inch wide gray fleece.  58x58 finished size.



No comments:

Post a Comment