Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Easter Memories

 When I was a toddler, my mother made a grey wool coat and bonnet for me.  Easter time in Minnesota often has cold weather.  The lining she used was a pretty yellow cotton, with bunnies, kittens and teddy bears, and little blue flowers.  

    I found some leftover fabric in my mother's boxes of fabrics after she passed away.  This year that fabric finally found its way into a quilt.   The border was a bit of a problem.  Straight borders just weren't speaking to me.  Finally, I looked at a book on pieced borders for inspiration and the on-point Seminole style blocks were just the thing!  It took a bit of math.  Using different size border strips on the sides vs the top/bottom got everything to come together right.

   

Easter Memories 2023  34.5x38"


No comments:

Post a Comment