Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Oh Danny Boy...

I remember my Irish grandfather singing "Danny Boy" in his wonderful Irish tenor voice.  How proud he was to be an Irishman!

So I couldn't resist making up this block called 'Danny Boy' that came into my e-mail this week from Quilt-Pro System's Block of the Day.

Here it is, up on my design wall with three borders.  I didn't use the published size, but made my hourglass blocks from those 3.5-inch squares that I was working with over the past weekend.  I adjusted the rest of the pieces accordingly, and came up with an odd size of 3.25 inch blocks.  But that's OK.  With borders it's about 19 inches, which will make a nice little table topper or wall hanging.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, whether you are Irish by birth, Irish by marriage, Irish by association, or just Irish at heart today!

No comments:

Post a Comment