Saturday, April 25, 2015

In the sewing room

Lots of time spent in the sewing room these past few days, but not a lot of quilting done.  My machine is busily embroidering the Harbor Breakwater Lighthouse on dish towels and aprons for the Ashland, WI museum. They will celebrate the centennial of the 1915 lighthouse this July, and would like to have items for the gift shop.

Lots of thread breaks at first with the embroidery, but after changing brands of thread, and changing the Schmetz needle twice, I switched to an Organ brand needle from a pack I picked up at the Sewing and Quilting Expo this year.  Finally, problems mostly solved!  The count so far:  4 out of 9 aprons and 8 out of 15 towels done.  Each takes about 45 minutes to do.

While I'm babysitting the embroidery machine I've been sandwiching and pin basting some small quilts that are in my pile.  Hopefully there will be finishes ahead to show you next week!  Tomorrow afternoon I plan to visit the Historic Pond House in Bloomington to do some hand sewing with "Mrs. Pond."  Hopefully some hand binding will get finished.

One more UFO finished this past week.  My Autumn version of the Friends and Companions Sew Along that was started last July is quilted and bound.  TA DA!


No comments:

Post a Comment