Friday, November 4, 2016

Two new finishes

Sew excited this week to have the binding done on these two lap quilts so they can be officially called Finished!

Circa 2016 was the summer sew-along from Temecula Quilt Company.  My version doesn't have the pieced HST border.  I have to admit, I forgot all about it when I was putting on the borders.  Guess I was too anxious to get it done!  But I already was debating whether to use them in a different project anyway.  This one has no batting and a gray fleece backing.  I feel like I'm cheating when I do that, but it's light weight and warm!
Circa 2016 48x56
Something's Fishy is done too!  This one is from blocks that didn't work out in another project and ended up as a quilt all on their own.  This is a free on-line pattern by Maywood Studio.
Something's Fishy 44x55

To round -up this week's progress, a really old Christmas UFO is now quilted and the binding is ready for hand stitching.   AND I cleaned out my fabric closet, adding two shelves to hold Christmas fabric, batting and my stack of UFO's.  Looks like I accomplished more than I realized!

No comments:

Post a Comment