Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Little garden baskets

9.5x32 wall hanging
This little garden basket wall hanging and matching table runner are finishes #6 and #7 for this year.  Whoo-ee I've been on a roll!

The vertical wall hanging will be for our daughter who has a couple of huge gardens at her rural Wisconsin home.   I was thinking of her when I bought the fabric at Hobby Lobby.  The store recently moved into our area, and though the fabric section is small, they have some very nice quilting cottons.

The plan was to make a runner for the top of our daughter's bathroom counter.  The colors complimented the bright green walls in her bathroom.  Well, not long after the top was pieced she painted the walls a different color!   Then she mentioned that she would rather have a vertical wall hanging.  I was NOT going to rip it all out and turn the blocks sideways, so I pieced a second one.  The horizontal runner will just have to find another home.  LOL
Ah, the best laid plans.....

These already have me looking forward to spring!

9.5x32 table runner



No comments:

Post a Comment