Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Easy Street finish

Lots of quilting accomplished here in January 2107!  With a serious determination to quilt up as many tops as possible, and whittle down that very tall stack, I started out with Easy Street.  This Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt from 2011 was sandwiched and pinned up last summer, all ready to go.
Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery Quilt 97x97 inches

Why had I been procrastinating?  It quilted up beautifully!  I certainly didn't expect that.  It's been on the bed for a week now, and DH loves it.  The size is 97 inches square and he's so happy that it covers from head to toe, and there's enough drop on the sides that there's no stealing the covers necessary.  I'm going to have to remember this size as my new go-to queen size.   It's so big I don't have wall space inside anywhere to take a photo, so out in the snow it went.  Neighbors must have thought I was nuts!  

This quilt certainly looks different from her original.  No lime green, turquoise or purple in sight!

More to come... The sewing machine has been busy!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish--It looks great! I think I may have an Easy Street almost finished somewhere in the sewing room--I'll have to look for it if I ever finish Celtic Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used. Easy Street has been one of my favorites of Bonnie's.

    ReplyDelete