Friday, January 27, 2017

2016 Recap

Time to do a recap of last year's quilting and keep myself on track.
Quilts completed: (see the 2016 tab above for photos)
One queen t-shirt quilt, one full size denim quilt and one twin size quilt.
One Christmas tree skirt.
Five table runners, five table toppers, five lap quilts and five baby quilts.
Six mini quilts.
Seven wall hangings.
That's a total of 37 quilting projects!

Total yardage used: 71.5 yards. (does not count fleece backings, denim or t-shirt fabrics)
Total yardage purchased: 75 plus my December thrift store Thimbleberries find.  So, I nearly made it as a break-even year.

Eight projects carried over as Works in Progress.  Eight more quilt tops are finished and ready to quilt. Six really old UFO's I'll keep on the books, but one is going to be sent to the orphan block box.  I'm never going to finish the Just Takes 2 quilt and can use those 18 blocks in some other project.

January through March are my most productive quilting months, and I've completed three quilt projects so far already.  It's so easy to be motivated to finish up UFO's during a cold Minnesota winter, and I've got a great start this year.  Hope I can keep it up!

How are you doing?  Have you posted your year-end progress yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment