Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Just at the right time! Palmateer Point.

Have you ever stumbled upon just the right project at the right time?  Lori at Humble Quilts has a quilt-along that is perfect for some scraps I've been trying to use up.   I couldn't resist jumping in.

Palmateer Point parts one, two and three.
There are lots of projects that take 4-patch scraps.  Nearly every one has two light and two dark blocks.  What's left?  All those not-quite-light enough and not-quite-dark enough colors.  You know what I mean?  Those scraps where the color is never just right?  They get set aside every time.  And I had a bunch of them.

Well, those sad, overlooked blocks have found a home in Palmateer Point.  Twenty-five 4-patch blocks in soft almost-medium colors.  My scrap bag is nearly empty.  Ta-Da!

Here's the center portion all finished.   It's so hard to decide on a border!  The green keeps the soft antique look, but the blue gingham gives it a bit of a pop.  Which is your favorite?  Or something else entirely?

5 comments:

  1. The Pink pulls the colors all together. I prefer the green border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I kinda like the green the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I like the green border better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I prefer the green, but you need to go with what you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I will be the dissenting vote. I agree that the green keeps the softer feel and is more "vintage", but the blue gives it a quirky, retro vibe that I really like. I am often the "odd man out", so you can ignore my vote. :)

    ReplyDelete