Monday, October 9, 2017

Log cabin layout

deck of cards layout
Log cabins are such a cute way to use up those narrow strips and scraps.  A week or so ago I cleared out my 1-1/4 inch bag and made up 24 Log Cabin blocks that finish at 5 inches.

It's layout time! 

Recently I saw a 'deck of cards' arrangement that was intriguing.  It would make two small quilts once I add setting and corner triangles.  They'd make nice gifts.  I love how they make a pinwheel in the center.

Or, maybe put the blocks all together into one quilt.  Ooh, the possibilities!
pinwheel and barn raising layout

2 comments:

  1. These little blocks are so cute! I think I would end up spending hours playing with them--like you say--so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one quilt is really pretty. It is a good way to use the scraps. I am working on a crazy quilt using mine up. Simple crazy quilt.

    ReplyDelete