Monday, February 19, 2018

A pair of February finishes!

This weekend up at the lake, while the guys were ice fishing, my project was to hand sew bindings on two little quilts.

The first is the February challenge from Kathleen Tracy.  "Windowpane" is from her book "Small and Scrappy." This one's entirely from my scrap bag.  I was trying to use up some of those mid-tone fabrics that I always seem to put back.   I wasn't sure I had enough contrast when I first put it together, but it's growing on me.

And, finished just in the nick of time, is this small Delectable Mountains quilt for my DIL who wanted a purple table topper.  We celebrated her birthday this evening.  The block is from Bonnie Hunter's "Scrappy Mountain Majesties," which I've been wanting to try out.  It went together very easily!  I might be persuaded to make a Scrappy Mountain quilt one of these days.

1 comment:

  1. Cute finishes you have. I do like the Scrappy Mountain quilt.I have been thinking of making the Easy Street when the mystery quilt I am working on is finished.

    ReplyDelete