Friday, February 2, 2018

Sunset On Smith Lake

After quilting up a queen size Charlotte's Baskets, it was time to do a bunch of piecing - just to break things up a bit.  I'm so happy to report that my version of Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt is all pieced together!


It's surprising how many corners needed to meet, and that they actually matched pretty well.  I didn't try to pin anything, just held nesting corners together where they happened.  The quilt top is about 75x90 inches right now.  Usually I like square 90 inch or larger quilts for our queen beds.  Then no one can steal all the covers!  Since it will be a while before it's quilted, I'll have to decide whether to add a border on two sides to square it up, or leave it as is and use it on the full size bed at the Lake.

Here's a couple sunset photos from our Lake.

Not a bad color match!

I think I can get in on the last link-up. Check out all the beautiful quilts!  https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2018/02/one-final-on-ringo-lake-link-up.html

5 comments:

  1. Jean, it is just so beautiful!!! The perfect color of blue. Great job getting it put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really beautiful. Great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! congrats on the finish. Love the Sunsets to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on getting your ORL Mystery quilt top together. Looking forward to seeing it quilted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That is beautiful. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete