Friday, June 29, 2018

Remember Cheri blocks 1 and 2

With the recent loss to the quilting world of Cheri Payne to cancer, many are remembering her by making projects using her designs.  Cheri was a wonderful designer of primitive works of embroidery, wool applique and cotton piecing.

Her dear friends are sharing primitive designs on Facebook in distinctive Cheri style, and encouraging a sew-along in her memory.
May: block #1  Remembering Cheri
I've chosen cotton applique' by machine, rather than hand applique' wool, and am using fabrics from my late Dad's shirts as much as I can.  Applique' never holds my interest for long, but Cheri's designs have taught me that matching everything is overrated, and wonky can be wonderful.  There are times to free your spirit and just 'make do'.  The result is charming.
June: block #2  Remembering Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment