Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Baskets of Plenty

Over the summer there was a little time to do handwork, and the binding was finally put on my version of Cheri Payne's Baskets of Plenty.

I only made six of the nine blocks.  I enjoy piecing quilts much more than applique, but it was fun to try something different for a change.  And, I needed it to fit in this space in my kitchen for display.

The drab greens in the quilt are from two of my late Dad's shirts, and most of the wool and lace is from my Mom's scrap box.  A great way to remember them.

Cheri Payne designed another quilt called Choose Joy, but I decided that phrase was just what this quilt needed.  It will remind me often that my attitude is a choice that I make.

I can be concerned, but I don't need to be anxious, worried, crabby, or frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment