Thursday, October 10, 2019

Snow on the River

In my efforts to work on projects I already have planned - rather than chasing off at every new internet idea or sew-along that I find...
I've pulled out a quilt that I first downloaded and set aside fabric for in 2012. 

It's a free pattern by Barbara Brackman which she posted on her Material Cultures blog.  (click here for the link)  She called it "Snow on the River Wandle." 

 I was drawn to it by the lovely rich jewel colors.  Before Mill End Fabrics closed, I found this snowy tree fabric and bought it for this project.  Time to get 'er done!

A rainy weekend at the cabin gave me time to cut out all the blocks, and start sewing.  Here's my progress so far.

The Tri-Recs rulers by Darlene Zimmerman & Joy Hoffman at EZ Quilt.com have been Wonderful!  My points on the stars are coming out beautifully. 

This is kind of a practice quilt for the Storm At Sea quilt that's on my bucket list.  I think I'll have the confidence to do that one fairly soon from the way this one is going. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment