Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Remembering Cheri finish

Remembering Cheri 52 x 58 inches
Besides being one of the loveliest days of autumn today, another quilt was finished!  Remembering Cheri was quilted up this week, and this morning the binding went on. 

A year and a half in the making, it turned out quite nicely.  Quirky, whimsical, primitive.  Not my typical style quilt, but a fun change of pace.

I'm not a big fan of applique, but enjoyed making these monthly blocks.  By the time it came to adding more applique to the borders though, I cried "No more!" 

I used buttons for some of the smaller applique design elements, and they are very cute.  (Flowers in April, May and September, berries in March, eyes in August, October & November, snowflakes & snowman in January and Santa's packages in December.)  A bit of a challenge to quilt around them, but it worked out.  The red star block is my label and the border is quilted in diamonds.  Most of the blocks have echo quilting around the applique.

As in all my Cheri Payne quilts lately, I've liberally used scraps from my Dad's cotton shirts and pajamas.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's even more special that your quilt not only honors Cheri, but that you have fabrics with memories of your Dad. Love it!

    ReplyDelete