Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Red White & Blue sampler

Happy 4th of July!

Haven't had time to quilt this week.  Things have been too busy around here, and the record heat - it was 99 degrees yesterday in the Twin Cities - has slowed everyone down.  I certainly don't have the motivation to sit at a machine with a warm quilt folded on my lap as I continue quilting up the borders on MQ6!

Every July I replace the bed quilt at the Cabin with this red white and blue sampler that I made in the late 1990's. 

The blocks are from Fast Patch by Anita Hallock, published in 1989.  Anita has a very interesting way of piecing strips, then cutting them apart and re-sewing into checkerboards.  Then cutting THOSE apart and re-sewing into half-square triangles.  Well, the college Math major in me just had to try it.  And it works! 

Have a safe and happy holiday.  Summer is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment