Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pinned for quilting

On Monday I pulled out my MQ6, and pinned up three more lap quilts that need quilting.   The sewing machine was moved to the dining room table where I have room to spread out and support a large quilt.  The borders on MQ6 are first on the schedule.

But then, of course, we had a couple of spectacular autumn days and I dropped everything to take advantage of the opportunity.   So while the days were sunny and 70, windows were washed and leaves mulched and mowed up (twice).  Most of the flower garden was trimmed down and the geraniums pulled and put in paper bags for winter storage.  We're supposed to get frost tomorrow night, and my future DIL in Fargo is having to gear up for snow!  I think we'll be spared that for now.

So here it is Thursday already, and since I noticed Judy at Patchwork Times has the October Quiltathon on her page, I thought I'd get myself in gear and put some serious time into quilting this afternoon and tomorrow.  Here's the line-up....

MQ6 - Mystery Quilt 6 - Quilters Club of America



Beautiful Leaves -
letter block patterns from quiltsbycheri
 
Baskets of Figs - original design
  
4:30pm update:  The pieced border all quilted and three sides of the outer blue border on MQ6 are done!  But, I'm running low on the navy thread I'm using in the bobbin.  When that runs out I'll have to start on another quilt.  Can't make it to Mill End Fabrics for more thread until tomorrow.

2 comments: