Monday, March 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Here's what is on my design wall this week.  I've taken a bit of a break to throw together this leader & ender project.  The half square triangles are an odd size 1 3/4 inches square and were made from the trimmings of a Mystery Quilt I worked on last summer.

Inspiration for the stars came from Bonnie Hunter's Grandpa's Star which was published in Quiltmaker Magazine March/April 2012.  They really don't look like exactly like her block, which had a sashing through the center.  There is a similar traditional block called Wheel of Time.

The blocks finished up at 5 1/2 inches, and are set with alternate plain blocks from my scrap bags.  Count two more yards of fabric used up! Don't you love the block in the center with the eagle?

Now it just needs a couple of borders to frame it up and it will be a nice lap quilt to snuggle up with a good book!

Do you like my little trash cup?  It's a soft drink cup from Arby's that reads "It's gonna be a glass-half-full kind of day."  It's great to have by my sewing machine to pop in all those threads and little scraps.  I have another one by my cutting board that's from the Minnesota State Fair!  Brings back memories of summer. *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment