Thursday, April 11, 2013

April Quiltstorm

A little snow on Mr. Cardinal's feeder today.
What better thing to do during an April snowstorm than quilt up a storm indoors?

My scrap basket is overflowing so today I pulled out some scraps and started playing.  Some vintage Jade green ended up in nine-patch blocks, alternating with a grape vine print.  A touch of purple in the border and a cute little table topper for a wine and cheese party is ready for quilting up.


Greens and Grapes 18x24


After that I pulled out a few extra blocks from the wedding quilt and made up these three Lovers Knot blocks, aka Churn Dash.  They eventually may make their way into a wall hanging.


And I tried making a little pink quilt from a Kathleen Tracy pattern called Be My Valentine , but it looks a little busy to me.  A solid border might be better.  But I've been using up my 1 1/2 inch scraps and that's a good thing! Two yards of scraps pieced up today!  Why is the scrap bag still full???



Be My Valentine - partially done

No comments:

Post a Comment