Wednesday, May 15, 2013

On the design wall...

On the design wall this week are some scrap blocks from Bonnie Hunter.  She called them Betty's Choice in the March/April Quiltmaker Magazine. 

Another name for this traditional block is London Roads.  That led me to remember my grandparents, born near London.  A favorite memory is tea with milk which Grandma always made for us.  My alternate blocks are embroidered by machine with a teapot and cup, a Dakota Collectables design. 

The next decision is how to place the blocks.  I have 8 London Roads, and can make more embroidered blocks.  The nine-patch wall hanging arrangement is nice and the extra blocks could become a table runner.  Or...I could make more teapots and have 4 blocks by 4 blocks.  Perhaps I will embroider the names of some of my favorite teas in the stripe on the sides of the teapots.

Another project is making redwork dish towels for the Museum.  The upcoming Community Collection display is Lighthouses, so I've made up a few towels for the gift shop.  These Dakota Collectables patterns are on the same CD as the teapot.  I might need to take orders for any that the staff or volunteers want to buy so they have a few left in the shop for visitors.  DD will be in town for a shower this weekend and will be bringing them back with her.
Well, now I'm off to quilt awhile.  Hope you get a chance to quilt today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment