Thursday, May 2, 2013

Quilting in the Rain

A couple of rainy spring days can really get me in the quilting mode. 

Yesterday I spent 4 hours quilting the Celtic Square Wedding Quilt for my son & his bride-to-be.  All the stitch-in-the-ditch on the top is done! 

Today it's the borders.  Simple Sashing (squares and ovals) for the first border.   Feathers may win out over leaves or flowers for the white middle border.  I skipped over it to do the outer border while I pondered that decision.

The Victoria and Albert fabric had a clear diagonal, so I measured and followed the fabric pattern.  No marking!  What a time saver.   I may yet add stitching in the opposite direction, but need more light green thread before starting that.  The photo makes the fabrics look black and grey, but they're really a lovely soft green and a dark forest green.

80 days to the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment