Monday, February 24, 2014

Orphan blocks unite!

Not long ago I was poking through my box of orphan blocks and pulled together several that were left over from different projects.   Here's what I ended up with:

The center has hourglass blocks in light blue & tan along with yellow & white HSTs.  The outer ring of HSTs are from a different project.  The center square of deep rose pulls the colors together and gives a focus point. I tried out a new free-motion quilting pattern from The Inbox Jaunt and I like how it turned out.  It looks like stippling in the photo, but it's really flowers that look a lot like Chrysanthemums to me.  Lori calls it "Flower Power."  Finished size is just under 20 inches square.

Doesn't it look like springtime? The pastel colors are so refreshing in the midst of this long, cold winter.

The other thing I did this weekend was start a new Blog.   Do you always get stuck trying to come up with dinner menu ideas?  I certainly do.  So, at Weekly Menu from Mom I'm publishing some easy menu ideas and hopefully some people will find it helpful. (Like my adult children.)  I am worried though...The only time my son calls me seems to be when he needs a recipe or cooking directions. I'm afraid when he finally learns to cook that he may never call his mom any more!  (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment