Saturday, September 27, 2014

Wedding Album for Sara

My third, and hopefully final, wedding quilt for this year was completed the night before the wedding.  It seems I keep cutting things closer each time!  But yesterday our niece was married and it was a spectacular Minnesota autumn day.  We were so happy to celebrate this wonderful event with them.

Her wedding quilt has been in the works for many years!  The cream fabric with geraniums, which I love so much, had a copyright date of 1991 in the selvage.  Hmmm...  The fabric was purchased 'just because I loved it' and put in the stash.  Years later it was pulled out and sewn into 12 inch album blocks because I loved the pattern.  Now, finally they are put together into a quilt, which I hope is just right for our niece.  A little vintage, a little sassy, pretty, practical and just plain fun.


The black border looks a little abrupt in this photo, but it has a grey geometric pattern on it.  Family members signed the blocks in the outer row and added their blessings and good wishes to the newlyweds.

My daughter is in town for the wedding, and remarked that she couldn't find a photo of her wedding quilt on the blog.  So I have had to promise to put that in a post soon.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment