Monday, October 6, 2014

Hostess gift in a hurry

Last Saturday we were invited by some friends up north to have dinner with them at their cabin.  I had planned to pick up some flowers to give as a hostess gift before we left for the lake on Friday.  Oops... completely forgot.  What to do!!?

Quilt!

On Saturday morning I poured through whatever fabrics I had brought with me for the weekend (in case I had time to quilt awhile.)  I had the pattern for the recent Marcus Friends and Companions Sew-along, and some HST leaders and enders.  I had brought up some fleece to use as backing for a lap quilt that was in my to-finish pile, so I laid that out, pinned it up for quilting and was pleased to find I had bought about 1/2 yard extra fleece. (There'll be photos of that once I get it quilted.)

I picked Block #8 from Homesteadhearth.blogspot.com and with a little imagination and that extra piece of fleece for the backing, made a little table topper to give as a hostess gift.  I forgot to measure it, but it's about 12x18.

Hurray!  Hostess gift problem solved.




No comments:

Post a Comment