Friday, May 15, 2015

Oh, Danny Boy...

Danny Boy  18.5 inches square  - traditional block
This little one-block table-topper was started on St. Patrick's Day/  Though it didn't take long to make, it sat in the hand-binding pile for a few months.  Finally, it is finished!

It is a traditional block pattern which I found in Maggie Malone's book "5,500 Quilt Block Designs."  Sometimes I just look through the book and find a design name I like - and make one for fun.

I remember my Irish grandfather singing 'Danny Boy' in his old Irish tenor voice.

Today my nephew Dan graduates and we couldn't be prouder of all he has accomplished.  It has been a long road for him, but today he receives his Bachelors degrees in Clinical Medical Technology and Microbiology.  Hooray for our Danny Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment