Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sailing along

Just popping in to post a photo of a little quilt finished yesterday.  I worked on hand stitching the binding while spending the afternoon as volunteer receptionist at our Church.
Sailboats 32-1/4 x 23-1/4.  
This is a larger version of a Kathleen Tracy signature quilt.  I had larger sized scrap blocks on hand, so that's what I used.  My sister thought the blocks looked like sail boats, so I wrote a little poem to write on the sails.
"Sail boats on a sunny day
Little do they mind,
They skip along
The sparkling waves and
Leave their cares behind."
and I signed and dated the last block.

Sis has an electrical panel box that she would like to hide with a small quilt.  This might be just the right size.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I love this. You wrote the poem? Seems suiting for MN!

    ReplyDelete