Monday, May 4, 2015

Friends and Companions finish

The third version of Friends and Companions is done.  Someone remind me to just make a decision and only make one mystery quilt next time!   Here is the version closest to the original colors, and another UFO completed (this one was started July 2014).

The quilting is mostly stitch-in-the-ditch, but I did some free motion stippling in the blue setting blocks and it went very well.  I'm getting much more confident at it and will probably do more in the future.

As you can see, we were up at the Lake when I finished the binding.  The leaves are barely peeking out on the trees.  The dock and boat are in, and we took our first pontoon sunset cruise of the season!

After much deliberation I've decided to put off quilting up Grand Illusion.  For some reason it just doesn't look right to me.  I suppose it's the colors I used - or perhaps the light/dark values aren't working for me.  On the other hand, I LOVE the border.  At any rate, after consulting with Hubby and Sis, both of whom find it too busy, I'll set it aside and ponder whether or not to make some changes.   So, the next UFO on the list will be one of my Bonnie Hunter tops that I like much better.  Easy Street?  Celtic Solstice? Lazy Sunday?  There are several to choose from!

I've now quilted up all the smaller UFO's on the list and only have 5 queen size remaining.   I'll have to clear off the dining room table again to have a surface that will support quilting a queen size quilt.  No long arm quilting here I'm afraid.  There are also several small quilts that just need bindings hand sewn, so you'll be seeing those get finished up one by one.  Plus, I'm always starting something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment