Friday, July 10, 2015

Just keeping up

Busy week here catching up from our vacation, but I have found time to keep up with the Summer Sew-along from Temecula Quilt Co.  Here's my design 'door' so far.

Yes, design door.  I have draped a piece of white fleece over the bedroom door and the blocks stick to it beautifully.  Look ma, no pins!

A pair of old pants hangers are clipped to the top of the fleece and are draped just over the top of the door.  The weight balances perfectly, and I can fold it up, or hang it in the closet any time it needs to disappear.

While we were up north last week on vacation I did something entirely new.  I stopped by two quilt shops and joined in the Row by Row Experience that is sweeping the country this summer - at least among quilters.  This seems to be a great idea to increase visitors and purchases at small quilt shops during the slow summer months.

I picked up a couple free patterns and bought their license plates.  I also found this post card kit- which will make a lovely label for a quilt, don't you think?

Had to pick up a couple fat quarters too, so my stash grew by almost 2 yards.  My sister went with me and picked up a few fat quarters for a quilt we are planning for her new guest house.  Her DH kindly drove us around, and even came into the quilt shops to look around.  He particularly enjoyed the lounge chair and coffee at Country Fabrics in Brainerd.   Additional stops at the Home Depot and Fleet Farm made it fair all around.

Don't think I'll get to any quilting this weekend.  We'll be making curtains for the above said guest house.

Hope you get the chance to Quilt Awhile soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment