Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th!

Have you seen this tiny little flag quilt from Temecula Quilt Co?  You can find the original post and free directions here.  I just had to give it a try and I love it!  I used single fold bias tape for the binding, and might make a few to donate to the local historical society fundraiser this fall.  To quilt it I just used my walking foot and a triple zig-zag stitch on widest and longest settings.  Perfect!

Another little quilt that I was side-tracked into making last week is from quilts by cheri.  She posted the free directions as part of the Summerthyme Blog Hop here.  I'm not that fond of crows, so I searched through my quilting books and found Know Your ABC's by Farmyard Creations (1995) for my applique letters.

The binding is just pinned back.  I'll do the hand stitching while we're on vacation this summer.  But I can take another 1-1/2 yards off my stash list!


1 comment:

  1. They are both very cute! I love words on quilts and America is so perfect for Cheri's little design!

    ReplyDelete