Thursday, April 14, 2016

Olde Glory

Olde Glory 20-1/2 x 32 inches
A quiet day at the Museum yesterday, so I was able to finish hand-stitching the binding on this little UFO.  The inspiration was a free pattern I saw on this Temecula Quilt Co. blog. post.

I have some flag fabric in my stash, and so I used a piece of that for the center instead of piecing my own flag.  Then I up-sized the rest of the blocks to 3-1/2 inches so it all fit nicely.

It was a great way to get rid of ...um...make use of some leftover triangles I had in my scrap bag.  I tried mostly for red/white/blue, but there's a couple of grays and greens, a floral, and a plaid scrap from our daughter's elementary school uniform skirt!  Now that's a scrap with 'seniority!'

1 comment:

  1. It's very cute--I don't know how I missed getting tempted by that one--I may have to sort through my left over HST's too!

    ReplyDelete