Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sew Tweet - Songbirds finish

This little baby quilt has been in the works since May and is finally finished!  It's machine quilted with Baptist Fans. The curves make a nice compliment to the straight lines of music.

I simply adore it!  Maybe it's because I'm a musician.  Who knows?

There was a photo of a similar quilt in an old magazine advertisement, and I realized I had a leftover piece of that background fabric from IKEA.  Of course I had to make it!  Sew easy!  Essentially a background panel with birds applique'd on top.  Even the border is a stripe fabric and not pieced.

ME and Dr. B. say that their nursery will have a north woods theme, but if they have a little girl maybe I can convince them that this one will fit their decor.  If not, I'll have to make another one. What a shame (wink.)

No comments:

Post a Comment