Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Circa 2016 top

Unexpectedly, I had time to work on a quilting project last weekend at the lake between mulching leaves and pulling out boats.  Circa 2016 from Temecula Quilt Co. came up north with me.  It went together more quickly than expected, and today I finished putting the borders on.

My little pieced blocks are in fairly random order.  Following the exact placement just didn't want to work out.  Sometimes I hadn't made the block, other times the colors I used didn't look right.  (Whatever possessed me to use gray backgrounds on a few??)

Fortunately, I had made enough extras of my favorites and it all worked out.  I even have enough left over to make a couple of small quilts for gifts.  Stay tuned!

Temecula Quilt Co. has pulled the free pattern off their blog now, but it can be purchased from their web site.

1 comment:

  1. Your top turned out very cute! I don't plan on placing the blocks like the pattern either, so I can distribute the colors. I was going to take it along to quilt camp next week, but maybe it requires more thinking than I am able to do at a retreat (there's wine involved)--haha!

    ReplyDelete