Thursday, January 24, 2019

First Finish of the Year

January is when I usually get motivated to quilt up some of the tops in the "to do" pile.  The first one to be completed in 2019 is Secret Santa, the December sew-along Mystery from Temecula Quilt Co.   I love it!  Burgoyne Surrounded has long been a pattern I've admired, but never had the desire to take the time to piece.  But, step by step as a Mystery quilt, it seemed the quilt was done in no time at all! 

Secret Santa 83 inches square
Four additional blocks and some borders made it big enough for our queen size bed.  The narrow inner border, and the outer border are both dark brown to match the brown center square in between the green squares.   A Christmas tree border stripe from my stash nestles right between.  

An on-line search of vintage Burgoyne Surrounded quilts revealed that many of them were quilted with simple diagonal lines.  I also stitched diamonds around the pine trees in the border stripe.
Quilting close-up: Secret Santa 2019
I can totally see this one going on our bed every December.  Do you have a favorite Christmas quilt?



No comments:

Post a Comment