Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Not quite Pfeffernusse

Yummy chocolate brown, warm reds and not quite according to Original Plan.  That's what happened with my version of Bonnie Hunter's Pfeffernusse quilt from her book String Fling.

Here it is, all quilted up.  All the blocks were from her pattern.  Instead of strings I used a thin striped shirting for the white, and a whole piece of the brown.  That saved a lot of time, but the layout was just not speaking to me with when it came to put it all together.  Perhaps without the strings the large brown and white pinwheels were too bland.  This barn raising layout was what I came up with in the end.  But, now it needs a different name.  How about Cinnamon Twist?

 Cinnamon Twist - 88 inches square



1 comment:

  1. I have a couple Bonnie patterns that I want to do and plan to use stripes also--I'm not a huge fan of making those endless strings! I think your quilt looks wonderful--congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete