Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Simply Charming

My flurry of quilting up those flimsy tops is keeping up with the snow flurries.  Next up was Falling Charms.

Falling Charms 65 x 71 inches
This quilt got started because there was a red and gray print in my scrap bag that, at least to me, was Really Ugly!  I wanted it gone!  There were lots of 4-1/2 inch blocks leftover from a dress sewing project, but that's not a commonly used size in quilting.  They were too small to use as 5-inch charm squares, but this pattern was easily be adapted to use them.

Adding more grays and reds, and here's the result.  The gray and red lattice border is vintage fabric from my Grandmother's house.  Boy, did the red ever run on that fabric when I pre-soaked it!!!  It was 36-inch wide fabric, so probably 1960's or earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment