Friday, August 9, 2019

A productive weekend

Lots of quilting happened at the Cabin last weekend!

Aunt Addie's Blue Ribbon Quilt, which I finished quilting during the week, received it's binding and is officially FINISHED.  It turned out to be such a sweet little quilt.
Aunt Addie's Blue Ribbon Quilt - sew along
designed by Kathleen Tracy
Three borders went on the Moda Love quilt.  The center blocks are from a gift pack of Pam Buda fabrics that I won through her blog.  The red border - which matches perfectly - is a Thimbleberries fabric I found at the local thrift store a while back.  Inner and outer borders are both chocolate brown.  This one turned out to be queen sized after all.  It will probably go in the pile to be quilted this winter sometime.
Moda Love
I also tried to work on Cheddarback month #6 blocks. Lesson learned - don't try to do these from memory.  Where were the directions? At home.  Typically I stitch and cut 3-inch squares into 2.5-inch half square triangles.  So, off I went, without realizing that Gay from Sentimental Stitches had us cut them down to 2-inch HST's.  Of course, nothing fit right.  I fiddled, I re-cut, I trimmed down... I made a lovely block.  But it's the wrong thing altogether.  Fortunately, I stopped after making just one, and  I had enough extra fabric to re-do the block.
Wrong block on the left, Correct block on the right.
I seem to have to re-make a couple blocks each time.  But, of all the crazy things, the one with the difficult set-in seams (upper left small block) went together perfectly the first time! 
I love this quilt - much more than I expected! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on crossing the finish line with the blue ribbon quilt! Moda Love is well on its way there, too. The cheddarback is looking awfully sweet! I think it's the little flowers in the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on your Cheddarback blocks. They look great!

    ReplyDelete