Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lazy Sunday progress

Woo Hoo!  The main field of Lazy Sunday is done.  It won't win any prizes for perfect points or corners, but that's my own fault.  I got 'Lazy' and didn't square up all the smaller blocks exactly the same before joining them into larger blocks.  I should know better and do that even if it isn't in the instructions.  Well, I can say I'm going for a casual look I suppose.  (smile)


Next step is a narrow black border, then there are loads of green/white triangle blocks to trim up for the next pieced border.  What I can't figure out is why I have so many light/dark blue four-patch blocks leftover. There are 27 of them!  I thought I was counting out pretty carefully and not making any extras at all.

Linking up with Sarah, so stop in and see the lovely finishes for this week.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors. Very very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Lazy Sunday so much better than mine! I'm still working on it, but I think my color choices (dictated by my limited scrap collection) didn't help! I used yellow, red, blue, orange and brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely top!! And a great name for it, too! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woweeeee, Jean - not sure you can ever say you're lazy when you've done all that work and are still planning more! It's stunning :)

    ReplyDelete