Monday, August 19, 2013

Reproduction in progress...

The Bloomington Historical Society has a wonderful 1893 Album Quilt in their collection which I wrote about last year.  They've asked me to put together an interactive quilting display for Heritage Days (Sept. 21st) and I need to get busy with my reproduction of the Album Quilt.

I've done a lot of research on the women whose names appear on the quilt.  It was fascinating!  But now I'm on to actually piecing a reproduction.  The original is so fragile! I hope to get the top done by Heritage Days.
Here are the blocks I finished today.  I will wait to trim the edges until I am assembling the blocks so they don't stretch.

And here is the original:
Sharing on Design Wall Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I think thats a lovely project. Im crazy about antique quilts. But here in the netherlands there are none. So i buy old quilt blocks and unfinished tops in the usa with some help of my Seattle friends. Good luck withyour project . Caro from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete