Friday, August 23, 2013

Lazy Sunday top finished!

It's unique, that's for sure, but the top is finished!  Looks like Bonnie Hunter's  Lazy Sunday - up to a point.  And that point is the sawtooth border.



Yes, I had all the blue and white pieces cut for the second pieced border, and had even made up a dozen or so of the sections.  But when the Mystery was revealed I found I had all the blocks for the main field done, so I set aside the border pieces and started putting blocks together.

Then, oops!  I discovered the first border went on backwards.   I guess I just threw up my hands and said...'This is where I make it my own.'  I didn't want to rip off the sawtooth border.  And, truth be told, wasn't really looking forward to piecing the second border - so why prolong the process when plain borders would be just fine for me?

So it's a finished top.  Woo hoo!  It will go in the 'to be quilted' pile for this winter when I usually go on a quilting binge.  But for now, it's still summer in MN and I have other things to do when I have time to Quilt Awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment