Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Holiday packages

There has been quite a bit of snow on the ground here in Minnesota the past few weeks and it's put me in the mood for the Holidays a bit early this year.  Fortunately, thimblemouse and spouse shared their pattern from the Florida Row by Row Experience called "Tied Up With A Bow."  

It's just adorable, and I could not resist piecing it up!  As it happens, I started a row-by-row quilt top a few years ago, but stalled out.  I do have November done, and July.  August is halfway done.  But the rest... not yet.  The original pattern idea had applique poinsettias for December.  Hmm....how about a substitution?  You bet!

I had to make Tied Up With A Bow twice for it to be 72 inches long - but that was no problem.  It goes together so quickly and was such fun to make with scraps from my Christmas fabric stash box.  What do you think?



 Makes me want to get my own Christmas shopping done and start wrapping packages already!  


1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful. I saved the pattern too as I thought it was so cute.

    ReplyDelete